Subject: Extrude along a path
From: "Fernando Martins" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Feb 1995 16:59:16 PST

>From: Neil Richmond

>I want to extrude some cross sections along a path. I want the cross sections
>to rotate as the move along the path and I want them to link the sections
>together as I instance the sections along the path. I also want to group >the
extruded pieces into seperate groups. I don't see any provision to >rotate the
sections around the path as they instance if I use path extrude. >I see now
way to link if I use path clone. Can the cross sections capture >rotation info
from the motion path? Thanks.

Did you tried 'Rail Extrude'?! I don't know if that is what you want, but you
can use rail extrude to make your object follow a path and rotate along it as
well.

To use 'Rail Extrude', just put your curve path into a background layer (you
can convert the motion path to a curve using a Arexx macro) and alight your
object to the beginning of the curve, rotating it accordingly. Then just 'rail
extrude' it.

Does this help?! No?! Well, maybe I misunderstood the question!!!

  ___ _____   Fernando Martins
  |_  | | |   (510)823-1011
  |   |   |   4W250FF
[email-masked]